Saturday 16 June 2012


Would it surprise you to learn that I’m a massive fan of the post punk/neo space age rock trio MUSE. If so then clearly you don’t know me. So when the album trailer for their upcoming album “The Second Law” I was all getting excited like “OMG NEW MUSE ALBUM YES, AWSOME,” and then I had another thought: since when where album trailers made.
Then a few days later would you believe it my other favouritest band in the world Green Day came out with a trailer for their new album ¡Uno! and I was geeking out again getting all excited and that nagging voice came back. Since when was it acceptable or even just common practice to release an album trailer? Is it just a product of the whole You Tube marketing model or something else? Let me know if you think A) the album trailer is a good idea and B) why do you think they came about?

2 comments:

  1. Its a good idea to get fans buzzing for an upcoming release but evrything seems to get trailers at the moment, even trailers! What person wants to see a trailer for a trailer??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete